Tuesday, December 21, 2010

From Dusk to Dawn

     Holding this hand in Winter Teams match bidding went on as it appears:

♠-                           
♥ATxxx
♦J76
♣Qxxxx

Dealer N
Vul:N/S

N     E     S    W(me)
p     1♠    p     1nt
       2nt*  p    3♣**
       3♠***


2nt*  : 5/5 or 6/4 16+pts
3♣**: Relay
3♠   : 5/5 ♠ + diamond

     After this rarely seen sequence, I was happy remember correctly all these conventions. Now its time to bid the game. After a quick look at 3nt, I decided to bid 5♦ rather than 3nt but wait a second no one bid ♦ before. After this tiring bidding I dont want to play 5♦. So creative mind(!) makes his own way. I bid 4♣ hoping p bid 4♦ and I will tie it to a game. However, this creative mind(!) did not expect this bidding :
     
 N      E      S    W(me)
  p     1♠     p     1nt
  p     2nt*   p     3♣**
         3♠***        4♣
         4♥            5♦
         6♦!!!
    
       Now I believe that I am so close to "What did hit me" thing. Then my RHO cash her Ace of ♣. Something not in order I guess.No, no, no one can make me believe that I am the dummy if it was, we were not playing level 6! This was a obvious Defenders Lead Out of Turn.
Then I called TD and this time I told him that I do not want a ♣ lead. Why I say this time? Because
few years ago when I was the declerar of 6♠ in junior championship in Turkey my RHO Lead Out of Turn. Same guy istting in front of me at this 6♦ deal. It was again a club lead and I told director that my decision was "lead whatever you want". And I saw LHO cashing Ace of clubs and ♣ ruff 6♠ -1. :)

          Anyway now we are the dealer of 6♦, while trying to make partner dealer of 5♦. What a shame!

Now new lead is K of ♥. and both hands:

♠AKQT72                   ♠ -
♥-                              ♥ATxxx  
♦AQ942                     ♦J76
♣xx                           ♣Qxxxx

discarding club from dummy and playing J of ♦ and winning, one more ♦ and K appears, a ♠ ruff
and dummy is good. LHO did not play K from doubleton. Who would beileve after all these we will end up with 6♦ made.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Question - Who would beileve after all these we will end up with 6♦ made?
Answer - After reading your posts, it would be ashame for u, not to play 6diamonds.