Thursday, February 28, 2008

Invitation

----Another board from pairs that was totally top for us. I was holding this hand

♠AKT98
♥KQ97
♦2
♣942

Opened 1♠, LHO dbl, partner 2♠ and I bid 2nt as a trial for zone meaning having a sing. My partner asked with 3♣ and I replied 3♥ means sing.♦ and partner bid the zone. Both hands:

N-----E-----S-----W
1♠----dbl----2♠----p
2nt----p-----3♣----p
3♥-----p-----4♠----All Pass

♠AKT98--------♠543
♥KQ97---------♥83
♦2----------------♦AT63
♣942------------♣KQ86

Result 4♠= and we got 14 over 15. After this session my partner asked me how many pts. I had on this board and when I replied 12 he was shocked because he always tells that being conservative is better
in pairs. Anyway inviting with this hand did not let me down and we were rewarded with a top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe, it is a disaster to invite with this hand...What was your tournament score?...I believe it is below 50 percent (if u r not really lucky) if u invite with this kind of hands...